Welcome to Fertility Awareness!
Fertility awareness is based on observing and recording the body’s signs of fertility. This provides important information about a patient’s reproductive and overall health. A patient can learn fertility awareness throughout her reproductive years, whether her cycle is regular or irregular.
Fertility awareness cycle charting can be used in multiple ways:
• Health Monitoring and Management: Cycle charting can be an important tool to help patients monitor and understand their health. A woman’s individual cycle pattern gives clues about how her reproductive organs and hormones are functioning. With this information, our clinic team is better able to tailor our care to her needs. Sometimes, unknown health issues can even be identified and treated before they become a problem.
• Plan a Pregnancy: Cycle charting can be used to pinpoint the best times for intercourse when couples are trying to have a baby. Our clinic team relies on cycle charting to schedule tests and medications for couples undergoing fertility treatment.
• Postpone or Prevent Pregnancy: Cycle charting gives couples the flexibility to choose when to have intercourse based on their pregnancy goals. This can be an excellent family planning option for couples wishing to postpone or prevent pregnancy without using artificial barriers, chemicals, or devices.
There are a number of fertility awareness methods, natural family planning methods, and health apps that teach or promote fertility awareness. Patients may have prior experience with cycle charting. Our clinical team is happy to work with patients using any method, and we teach the following methods in-house at Reply:
Listen Fertility™— for health monitoring/management, and for those trying to become pregnant
Sensiplan™— for health monitoring/management, and for those trying to become pregnant or prevent pregnancy
Billings Ovulation Method®— for health monitoring/management, and for those trying to become pregnant or prevent pregnancy
Marquette Model (MM)— for health monitoring/management, and for those trying to become pregnant or prevent pregnancy
During educational sessions, patients can expect to:
- meet with a fertility educator
- learn what a “normal” female cycle looks like
- learn how to chart their own cycles
- understand the role hormones play in a woman’s reproductive cycle
- correctly identify the beginning and end of the fertile window using natural body signs
- confidently identify the PEAK mucus day
- build confidence in their charting ability
- collaborate with a clinic team to create a personalized health care plan
Become a Patient
Reply is welcoming new patients for fertility awareness education. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 919.230.2100 or visit our Become a Patient page.